Jan 25, 2012

Taco Appetizer

Tomorrow we are having a pot luck for February Birthdays at the company. I am bringing my mom's Taco Appetizer that is always a hit at family functions. It is my first time making it so I am hoping it turns out good!



 All the ingredients
 Mixing the taco seasoning, sour cream, and cream cheese
 Spread the cream mixture in the 9x13 and adding the shredded lettuce
 Dicing a fresh tomato
Topping it off with the diced tomato, sliced olives, and cheese

I can't wait to try it out tomorrow during the pot luck! It looks just as good as the one my mom makes.

Here is the recipe:

1 envelope taco seasoning
1 (8 oz) container of sour cream
1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese, softened
1 medium tomato, diced
1 small can sliced black olives
1/2 head shredded lettuce (I used a bag of shredded lettuce)
2-3 cups fancy shredded mile cheddar cheese (I used Mexican 4 cheese  blend)
1 bag tortilla chips (Scoops work out best)

Mix taco seasoning and sour cream in medium bowl
Use hand mixer to add cream cheese and mix until well blended
Spread in 9x13 pan
Layer lettuce, tomato, and black olives
Sprinkle cheese on top
Chill overnight

I also did a quick calorie count (I made sure to use all low fat and light versions) and it turns out there are 130 calories in one serving. A serving size is 1/24 of the pan (4-5 chippers). 

Well let me know if you try this recipe out!

XO

Kirsten

1 comment: