Apr 9, 2012

Happy Thanks-Easter

Over the weekend I got the opportunity to spend time with my family. Its rare that we are all together and able to go out for dinner or be at home in the same room. We colored Easter eggs, had Broadway Pizza and played pull tabs. And we enjoyed Easter dinner and Angel Food Cake. Yum.

My brother referred to the holiday as Thanksgiving at one point which got me thinking--this is a great time to give thanks for your life. The Easter holiday is to remind everyone that God gave his son for your eternal life, so why not be thankful for that?

So I really thought about it and what I am thankful for. I am very thankful that I am finally on my own, living in a little apartment, paying for all my own things and not relying on parents or anyone else. I am thankful for all the great friends I have in my life. Without them I don't think I would be the person I am today. I am thankful for the time I have spent alone in the last year. I have honestly learned so much about myself and become confident and strong. I know what I want and I am so thankful that I am happy with who I am.

What are you thankful for?

Here's a look at some of the Easter festivities :)

Our "Neon" food coloring egg dye

Colorful Eggs--How did this tradition even start?

Yes, I still get an Easter Basket. And Yes, I still eat almost all the candy the day I get it.
  
Blaze "helping" me eat the candy. Naughty kitten.

Angel Food Cake with home made pink fluffy frosting.
Funfetti for the perfect Easter treat. 

I just love holidays. 

XO Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment