Feb 9, 2012

Cold Remedies?



Hello Lovelies,

So I have been feeling a little under the weather this week and haven't been able to focus on being healthy and fit--this sucks because I have my race on Saturday. I just can't seem to shake this. So naturally I "googled" cold remedies to see how I could kick this cold.

Drink Water. And other fluids. This helps loosen congestion and prevents dehydration. Duh. But apparently you need to restrict drinking alcohol, coffee, and caffeinated soda. Looks like I will have to drink a lot of water to reverse the effects of the amounts of alcohol, coffee, and pop I drink...





Humidity. Last year I invested in a nice humidifier. I haven't used it lately, so I think it is time to fill it up and turn it on over night. Bonus: it makes my room extremely warm!




 Chicken Noodle Soup. Just like every grandmother has said, chicken soup is the closest cure they have for the common cold. I will be sipping this soup for lunch today. Yummy!



 Antihistamines. I thought these were for allergies, but turns out they can relieve the symptoms of the cold.I will definitely be taking these before Saturday. 


What is your go to remedy for curing the common cold? 

XO
Kirsten



No comments:

Post a Comment